Tennis Quotes: “Tennis is one of the most popular sports in the world.” Especially this game is very popular in developed countries like America, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, France, Spain, Australia, and Japan.
Here’s a list of the 100 best Tennis quotes, If you are a tennis fan, then you will definitely like these quotes, and will inspire you.
Famous Tennis Quotes
1. “When you do something best in life, you don’t really want to give that up – and for me it’s tennis.”
2. “Nothing can substitute for just plain hard work. I had to put in the time to get back. And it was a grind.”– Andre Agassi
3. “I love the winning, I can take the losing, but most of all I love to play.”
4. “Girls had never been important. I’d had a girlfriend or two and had liked them a lot but it wasn’t love, because my first love was tennis.”
5. “Tennis is mostly mental. Of course, you must have a lot of physical skill but you can’t play tennis well and not be a good thinker. You win or lose the match before you even go out there.”- Venus Williams
Read More: 55 Powerful Batman Quotes From Movies and Comics
6. “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.”– Arthur Ashe
7. “One of the things it taught me is that every ball that comes to me, I have to make a decision.”– Billie Jean King.
8. “Winning is a way of expressing yourself.”
9. “Whoever said, ‘It’s not whether you win or lose that counts,’ probably lost.”
10. “There is a syndrome in sports called paralysis by analysis. The ideal attitude is to be physically loose and mentally tight.”– Arthur Ashe
Read More: 75 Best Serena Williams Quotes
Best Tennis Quotes
11. “Being champion is all well and good, but you can’t eat a crown.” – Althea Gibson
12. “Dreams do come true if you keep believing in yourself. Anything is possible.” – Jennifer Capriati
13. “Everybody loves success, but they hate successful people.” – John McEnroe
14. “As a Tennis player, you have to get used to losing every week. Unless you win the tournament, you always go home a loser. But you have to take the positive out of a defeat and go back to work. Improve to fail better.”– Stan Wawrinka
15. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”– Arthur Ashe
Read More: 50 Powerful Joker Quotes From The Dark Knight
16. “The next point — that’s all you must think about.”– Rod Laver
17. “In sports, you simply aren’t considered a real champion until you have defended your title successfully. Winning it once can be a fluke; winning it twice proves you are the best.”– Althea Gibson
18. “When you lose a couple of times, it makes you realize how difficult it is to win.”– Steffi Graf
19. “The mark of great sportsmen is not how good they are at their best, but how good they are at their worst.”– Martina Navratilova
20. “I play each point like my life depends on it.”– Rafael Nadal
Read More: 100 Best Roger Federer Quotes About Life and Success
Motivational Tennis Quotes
21. “Experience is a great advantage. The problem is that when you get the experience, you’re too damned old to do anything about it.”– Jimmy Connors
22. “I hate to lose more than I love to win.”– Jimmy Connors
23. “The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall.”– Mitch Hedberg
24. “For me losing a tennis match isn’t a failure, it’s research.”– Billie Jean King
25. “Tennis is, more than most sports, a sport of the mind.”– Rafael Nadal.
26. “Tennis is a tough sport – there are no draws.”– Roger Federer.
27. “I just try to play tennis and don’t find excuses. You know, I just lost because I lost, not because my arm was sore.”– Goran Ivanisevic
28. “The tennis ball doesn’t know how old I am. The ball doesn’t know if I’m a man or a woman or if I come from a communist country or not. Sport has always broken down these barriers.”
29. “You don’t have to be pretty for people to come and see you play. At the same time, if you’re a good athlete, it doesn’t mean you’re not a woman.”
30. “From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life.” – Arthur Ashe
Read More: 100 Most Powerful Lionel Messi Quotes in 2022
Inspirational Tennis Quotes
31. “If you’re a champion, you have to have it in your heart.” – Chris Evert
32. “Just go out there and do what you have to do.” – Martina Navratilova
33. “Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy.” – Rafael Nadal
34. “If you don’t lose, you cannot enjoy the victories. So I have to accept both things.”– Rafael Nadal.
35. “I want my tennis to speak for everything.”– Maria Sharapova.
36. “You’ll hear a lot of applause in your life, fellas, but none will mean more to you than that applause from your peers. I hope each of you hears that at the end.”– Andre Agassi.
37. “I’m really trying to focus myself on playing tennis, and I think that’s really important.”– Stefan Edberg.
38. “When you start from nothing, when you come from nothing, it makes you hungry.”– Maria Sharapova
39. “You have to continue working because everybody is. Once you stop, the others will overtake you”– Dominic Thiem
40. “Regardless of how you feel inside, always try to look like a winner.” – Arthur Ashe
Read More: 100+ Most Inspirational Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes in 2022
41. “Success is a journey not a destination. The doing is usually more important than the outcome.” – Arthur Ashe
42. “I think, for me, I just really want to have fun with every match that I play because tennis is a game.”– Naomi Osaka.
43. “Tennis is a fine balance between determination and tiredness.”– Virginia Wade.
44. “When the last point is done, we are humans. Give your opponent a hug and say, ‘great fight,’ and that’s all.”– Novak Djokovic.
45. “I don’t think, that you can ever get your game to perfection, you know. Only if you’re Federer.”– Novak Djokovic.
46. “Tennis is a psychological sport, you have to keep a clear head. That is why I stopped playing.”– Boris Becker.
47. “I can’t become satisfied, because if I get satisfied, I’ll be like, “Oh, I’ve won Wimbledon, I’ve won the U.S. Open. Now can I relax.” But now people are really going to be fighting to beat me.”
48. “I’m a perfectionist. I’m pretty much insatiable. I feel there’s so many things I can improve on.”
49. “I am here to play women’s tennis. I’m a lady. Predominantly, most of the time I always like to play ladies.”
50. “If you can keep playing tennis when somebody is shooting a gun down the street, that’s concentration.”
Read More: 100 Best Star Wars Pick Up Lines
51th of 75 Tennis Quotes
51. “It’s shocking how little there is to do with tennis when you’re just thinking about nothing except winning every point.”– Andre Agassi
52. “Tennis was always sort of… a learning. It was a vehicle for me to discover a lot about myself.”– Andre Agassi.
53. “What is the single most important quality of a tennis champion? I would have to say desire staying in there and winning matches when you are not playing that well.”– John McEnroe
54. “What makes something special is not just what you have to gain, but what you feel there is to lose.” – Andre Agassi
55. “I have no sense of humor about losing”– Rafael Nadal.
56. “I always believe if you’re stuck in a hole and maybe things aren’t going well you will come out stronger. Everything in life is this way.”– Roger Federer.
57. “I am lucky that whatever fear I have inside me, my desire to win is always stronger.”– Serena Williams.
58. “Spectacular performances are preceded by spectacular preparation.”– Frank Giampaolo.
59. “I never look back, I look forward.”– Steffi Graf.
60. “Success is walking out of here with the title, and anything less is not good enough in my book.”– Pete Sampras.
Read More: 100 Best Harry Potter Pick Up Lines Cheesy and Funny
Tennis Quotes for Instagram
61. “I want to reach absolute perfection. And I think I can reach it.”
62. “Sometimes I wish I could have been a bit more relaxed, but then I wouldn’t have been the same player.”
63. “It’s one-on-one out there, man. There ain’t no hiding. I can’t pass the ball.”
64. “My motto is: I’m alive, so that means I can do anything.”
65. “I just try to stay positive and focused on the tennis, not let anything get to me, like crazy questions. But I’m tough, let me tell you, tough as nails.”
66. “It is very important not to think about losing.”
67. “I’m not the best player in the history of tennis. I think I’m amongst the best. That’s true. That’s enough for me.”
68. “Is only a tennis match. At the end, that’s life. There is much more important things.”
69. “Tennis is a hard sport. There is a lot of competition all year and you play alone.”
70. “The great part about tennis is you can’t run out the clock…. As long as we were still playing, I had a chance.”
Read More: 100 Best Harry Potter Quotes and Famous Sayings
Tennis Quotes Funny
71. “Fame and success and titles stay with you, but they wear out eventually. In the end, all that you are left with is your character.”– Ana Ivanovic.
72. “I didn’t have the same fitness or ability as the other girls, so I had to beat them with my mind.”– Martina Hingis.
73. “I don’t play in any tournaments to come second best.”– Andy Murray.
74. “I’ve grown most not from victories, but setbacks. If winning is God’s reward, then losing is how He teaches us.”– Serena Williams.
75. “When I play, I feel like in a theatre, why should I look ugly then, because I’m a tennis player?”– Anna Kournikova.
Read More: 125 Best Good Morning Text Messages For Him