Soccer Quotes: Football is considered the most popular sport in the world, currently, the game is played in more than 200 countries around the world.
Similarly, there were many great football players around the world, who gained worldwide popularity due to their tremendous game and inspired millions of people.
Here’s a list of the 100 best Football (Soccer) quotes, If you are also a Soccer fan, then you will definitely like these quotes and will inspire you.
1. “I’ve never scored a goal in my life without getting a pass from someone else.” – Abby Wambach
2. “I am not a perfectionist, but I like to feel that things are done well. More important than that, I feel an endless need to learn, to improve, to evolve, not only to please the coach and the fans but also to feel satisfied with myself. It is my conviction that here are no limits to learning, and that it can never stop, no matter what our age.”- Cristiano Ronaldo
3. “The person that said winning isn’t everything never won anything.”– Mia Hamm
4. “If you’re going to be a footballer[soccer player], be a great one. If you’re going to have a dream, dream big.”- Sir Alex Ferguson
5. “Your love makes me strong, your hate makes me unstoppable!” – Cristiano Ronaldo
6. “Take your victories, whatever they might be, cherish them, use them, but don’t settle for them.” – Mia Hamm
7. “The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.”- Pelé
8. “Talent may get you on the pitch, but it’s the effort and attitude that will keep you there.”- Alex Morgan
9. “Practice like you’ve never won; perform like you’ve never lost.”- Unknown
10. “Good soccer players need not be titans sculpted by Michelangelo. In soccer, ability is much more important than shape, and in many cases, skill is the art of turning limitations into virtues.”- Eduardo Galeano
Famous Soccer Quotes
11. “The vision of a champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.”– Anson Dorrance
12. “Talent without working hard is nothing.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
13. “Everybody makes mistakes, but when goalkeepers make them, it is costly. That’s the nature of being a goalkeeper.” – Gary Speed
14. “If you’re a goalkeeper, it doesn’t matter what you save the ball with – if you keep it out, it’s not a goal.” – Mark Lawrenson
15. “The secret is to believe in your dreams; in your potential that you can be like your star, keep searching, keep believing and don’t lose faith in yourself.” – Neymar
16. “In football (soccer), the worst blindness is only seeing the ball.” – Nelson Falcão Rodrigues
17. “I am not a perfectionist, but I like to feel that things are done well.”– Cristiano Ronaldo.
18. “You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it.”– Lionel Messi.
19. “When you win, you don’t get carried away. But if you go step by step, with confidence, you can go far.”– Diego Maradona.
20. “In football (soccer), the result is an impostor. You can do things really, really well but not win. There’s something greater than the result, more lasting – a legacy.” – Xavi
Soccer Motivational Quotes
21. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing
or learning to do.” – Pele
22. “I always want more. Whether it’s a goal, or winning a game, I’m never satisfied. ” – Lionel Messi
23. “I don’t believe skill was, or ever will be, the result of coaches. It is a result of a love affair between the child and the ball.” – Roy Maurice Keane
24. “When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success.” – Diego Maradona
25. “For sportsmen or women who want to be champions, the mind can be as important, if not more important, than any other part of the body.” – Gary Neville
26th of 100 Soccer Quotes
26. “A champion is someone who does not settle for that day’s practice, that day’s competition, that day’s performance. They are always striving to be better. They don’t live in the past.” – Briana Scurry
27. “There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” – Unknown
28. “Becoming a footballer is only the first half of the silent prayer a kid offers up to the sky or confides to his teacher in a primary school essay. The second part is the name of the team he wants to play for.”- Andrea Pirlo
29. “The ball is round, the game lasts ninety minutes, and everything else is just theory.”- Josef “Sepp” Herberger
30. “God gives gifts to everyone, some can write, some can dance. He gave me the skill to play football and I am making the most of it.” – Ronaldinho
Inspirational Soccer Quotes
31. “I am building a fire, and every day I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.”– Mia Hamm
32. “The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.”– Phil Abraham.
33. “It’s not the will to win, but the will to prepare to win that makes the difference.” -Bear Bryant
34. “Keep working even when no one is watching.” -Alex Morgan
35. “Maybe they hate me because I’m too good.” –Cristiano Ronaldo
36. “I have to keep working hard and playing well because I don’t like to be second or third: they’re the worst places to be. You would be proud, of course, because it means you’re on the way, but you want to finish first.” – Paul Pogba
37. “When good soccer happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”- Eduardo Galeano
38. “I don’t have time for hobbies. At the end of the day, I treat my job as a hobby. It’s something I love doing.”- David Beckham
39. “I am a firm believer that if you score one goal the other team has to score two to win.”– Howard Wilkinson
40. “I would rather be called strong than pretty. I would rather be called muscular than skinny. I would rather be called athletic than beautiful. I would rather be called a soccer player than a girl.”
Short inspirational soccer quotes
41. “I learned all about life with a ball at my feet”- Ronaldinho
42. “Everything is practice.” – Pele
43. “Winning doesn’t really matter as long as you win.”– Vinny Jones
44. “We lost because we didn’t win.”– Ronaldo
45. “I think sometimes the best training is to rest.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
46. “Football is the ballet of the masses.”– Dmitri Shostakovich.
47. “I am not a man, I am Cantona. – Eric Cantona
48. “It’s hard to beat someone who never quits.”
49. “In football as in watchmaking, talent and elegance mean nothing without rigor and precision.”– Lionel Messi.
50. “My mother thinks I am the best. And I was raised to always believe what my mother tells me.”– Diego Maradona
Most Inspirational Soccer Quotes
51. “We’ve lived through some extraordinary moments, and the saddest moments as well. We have to learn.”– Antoine Griezmann
52. “Winners don’t believe in fate like others do. They simply cannot accept defeat.”– David Silva
53. “The criticism I received only served to make me a stronger person.”– David de Gea
54. “Some people think that your life changes for the worse when you become a father, but on the contrary, when my daughter was born, she brought light and joy into my life.”– James Rodriguez
55. “The most important thing is to never give up, never give in to circumstances, believe yourself, and to soldier on, no matter what’s in your way.”– Luka Modric
56. “If you think you’re perfect already, then you never will be.”– Cristiano Ronaldo
57. “I think if you’re not strong, in life or in football, not every day is going to be going up and seeing the sunshine.”– Marco Reus
58. “I will always be the first to admit when I have done something wrong.”– Arjen Robben
59. “I just hate losing and that gives you an extra determination to work harder.”– Wayne Rooney
60. “You just can’t believe how quickly things happen in football and the way life turns. I went from being the bad guy, the worst player who gets all the criticism, to being the player who makes the difference and scores the important goals.”– Luis Suarez
Soccer quotes for Instagram
61. “The most important thing is to not waste your money.”– Gareth Bale
62. “If you win without sacrifice you enjoy it but it’s more satisfying when you have struggled.”– Andres Iniesta
63. “I am ready to go and just do my best.”– Paul Pogba
64. “It’s quite a feeling to be living your dream, and it seems easy to be like I am.”– Thomas Muller
65. “It makes me very happy when I create goals or score goals myself, but the most important thing is that the team reaches its goal and plays positive football.”– Mesut Ozil
66. “We need the right attitude and the right motivation – that can decide the match above everything else.”– Sergio Ramos
67. “I am what I am thanks to my mother, my father, my brother, my sister… because they have given me everything. The education I have is thanks to them.” – Ronaldinho
68. “I do everything I can for the team’s success.”– Manuel Neuer
69. “The players are writing a beautiful page of French football history.” — Didier Deschamps
70. “I don’t read articles about myself. I try to distance myself from it. Reading about yourself is nice, but in the long run, it doesn’t help. Concentration has to be in the right place.”– Robert Lewandowski
Iconic Soccer Quotes
71. “Only in sport can you live through emotions like this. We knew how to put them in difficulty, we made them run, we prepared well.” – Samuel Umtiti
72. “Every time I went away I was deceiving my mom. I’d tell her I was going to school but I’d be out on the street playing football. I always had a ball on my feet.”- Ronaldo
73. “Some people say that we professional football[soccer] players are slaves. Well, if this is slavery, then give me a life sentence!”– Sir Bobby Charlton
74. “Whenever people say ‘women’s soccer,’ I want to correct them to say ‘soccer.’ Every girl has had their sport diminished because they’re girls.”– Alex Morgan
75. “Many people say I’m the best women’s soccer player in the world. I don’t think so. And because of that, someday I just might be.”-Mia Hamm
76. “In his life, a man can change wives, political parties or religions, but he cannot change his favourite soccer team.”- Eduardo Galeano.
77. “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good soccer. I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.'”– Eduardo Galeano.
78. “Soccer was the first sport that my parents put me in” – Channing Tatum
79. “Soccer isn’t very social. Plus, if you don’t like someone on the other team, you can do something about it.” – Mia Hamm
80. “Tactically, the coach did a perfect job yesterday, so we know we will be fully prepared.”– Antoine Griezmann
Best Soccer Quotes
81. “I always look forward to playing for my national team, especially at major tournaments.” – Luka Modric
82. “People in football love to talk about mental strength. Well, I’m the strongest dude you’re ever going to meet. Because I remember sitting in the dark with my brother and my mom, saying our prayers, and thinking, believing, knowing … it’s [success] going to happen.” – Romelu Lukaku
83. “Our country has been through difficult experiences in terms of unity. Sport — football in particular — has the power to help that. It is a special feeling.” – Gareth Southgate
84. “The smartest thing I did is I never gave up.” – Ivan Rakitic
85. “Everything in my life has happened very early, personally and professionally. I’m always learning: I have to.” – Neymar Jr.
86th of 100 Soccer Quotes
86. “Since the beginning of the competition he has got it right, and I hope it will be the same for the final.” – Antoine Griezmann
87. “I have to be scoring goals and playing well to get in the team because, if not, others who are in better form will play.” – Diego Costa
88. “I have learned that by pushing aside those insecurities and rediscovering my inner confidence, I become a better teammate and person.”– Alex Morgan
89. “Embrace the opportunity, no matter what it is. Look at everything in a positive light.”– Julie Ertz
90. “I kept my promise to myself for a while. But then some days I’d come home from school and find my mum crying. So I finally told her one day, “Mum, it’s gonna change. You’ll see. I’m going to play football for Anderlecht, and it’s going to happen soon. We’ll be good. You won’t have to worry anymore.” – Romelu Lukaku
Funny Soccer Quotes
91. “Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.” – Gary Lineker
92. “If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”- Bob Paisley
93. “Football[soccer] is a game in which a handful of fit men run around for one and a half hours watched by millions of people who could really use the exercise.”– Anonymous.
94. “You can’t say my team aren’t winners. They’ve proved that by finishing fourth, third and second in the last three years.” – Gerard Houllier on Liverpool.
95. “Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I’m very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.” – Bill Shankly
96. “Julian Dicks is everywhere. It’s like they’ve got eleven Dicks on the field.” – Metro Radio
97. “There is no in between – you’re either good or bad. We were in between” – Gary Lineker.
98. “I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.” – Mark Viduka.
99. “We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass.”– Brian Clough
100. “We must have had 99 percent of the game. It was the other three percent that cost us the match.” – Ruud Gullit following a defeat.
Read More: 50 Best Will Smith Quotes